Sunday, September 30, 2007

Spaghetti Squash


Walking around the farmer's market yesterday, the beautiful fall squashes are out. I love how many different varieties of squash exist - wonderful colors and shapes!

I picked up a spaghetti squash for dinner, hoping I could fool the kids into thinking their vegetables weren't really vegetables, but pasta! Very tricky huh! Addison didn't buy it for one minute - probably because she saw me scooping the squash out of the shell before putting the marinara sauce over it.

She even asked skeptically, "Did you cook the pasta inside the squash?" Her father said yes and I just bit my tongue.

2 comments:

Potters said...

We are waiting for the pumpkin cheese cake recipe! YUM.

The Hills... said...

Ha! I just made spaghetti squash the other night. Brian had never seen or heard of it. If I hadn't told him, he probably would have thought it was pasta too.