Friday, September 26, 2008

Easy Double Chocolate Chip Brownies


I grew up believing that baked goods should be made from scratch.  My mom made cookies, cakes and brownies this way.  And for the most part I believe.  Except, I love a good brownie mix.  They are usually so much better than scratch brownies.  But this recipe is quite tasty and comparable to a mix I think - moist and chewy with a pretty papery crust on the top.  Give it a try and let me know what you think.

Ingredients:

1 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate, cut into chunks
1/2 C butter, cut into pieces
3 large eggs
1 1/4 C flour
1 C granulated sugar
1 t vanilla
1/2 t baking soda
1 Cup chocolate chips, semi-sweet
1/2 C chopped nuts (optional)

1.  Preheat oven to 350.  Grease a 13x 9 inch baking pan.

2.  Melt semi-sweet chocolate and butter in a large, heavy-duty saucepan over low heat.  Stir until smooth.  Remove from heat.  Stir in eggs.  Stir in remaining ingredients.  Spread into prepared baking pan.

3.  Bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out slightly sticky.  Cool completely on wire rack.

2 comments:

amanda jane said...

stop tempting me! those look so good - and you know I am not a chocolate nut.

templework said...

OH! Can hardly wait to try this in our family Brownie Wars!

YUM!