Saturday, January 19, 2008

Week 2 - On the menu

This week I've been surfing more food blogs and finding such delicious looking food. I really respond to pictures of beautiful food, I start salivating and thinking, I can make that! So I'm wondering if my menu is a little ambitious this week, we'll see. The weather man is forecasting rain this week so I included a hearty stew for Sunday dinner and a delicious soup for later in the week. I predict that my children will hate both! Say la vie!

Sunday:
Beef Bourguignon (doesn't that look hearty and yummy!)
Crusty Bread
Salad

Monday:
Chicken & Soba Noodles with Spicy Peanut Sauce

Tuesday:
Bean Burritos w/ fresh salsa or leftovers

Wednesday:
Roast Tomato & Bacon Soup
Bread
Salad

Thursday
:
Pizza (I'll have two extra kids tonight and will subject them to something friendly.)

Friday: Leftovers

Saturday: Date Night

I reserve the right to change my mind or to switch up the nights! What's on your menu?

3 comments:

amanda jane said...

I have a really hearty wheat pizza dough recipe if your interested in at least making the pizza. and even if not for this week another time. that tomato soup sounds yummy, as does the peanut sauce. you gonna start sharing recipes too? please?

Unknown said...

my daughter sent me "confessions of a pioneer woman" great recipies and she is funny too..

after over 40 years of cooking and planning meals.. I LOVE help... thanks michele..

Michele said...

Amanda, I would love your recipe. Do you use it when you make calzones?